Saturday 9 March 2013

There's Life In The Little Things, Too

Hey all!
I thought I'd share with you some colourful photos to put a smile on your face...
I'm not much of a professional photographer, but I do enjoy taking photos - lots of them! Here are a few of my favourites from last year:

 I call this one, 'The Tears Of Children". I'd always wanted to try melting crayons on canvas; I did it a little differently, but it turned out great! (For more crayon melting ideas click here).


I took my youngest sister Caitlin into the backyard and got her to do some modelling for me. I was inspired by my swirly mirror and tried to use it as a bit of a feature with a theme of searching for one's reflection. We had a lot of fun mucking around with the mirror and doing some cool things!

This is my other sister, Hosanna, on her 11th Birthday.  I like to get different angles and perspectives on  my subjects when I take photos; it makes them more interesting and engaging.

...And finally, this beautiful little parrot who decided to visit our camp site. It really did seem like he was posing for me, the way that he strut about with those gorgeous feathers of his!


Well, that's all for now. I hope these photos brightened up your day! *smile*

More soon...






8 comments:

Anonymous said...

These photos are beautiful. You are going to be a great blogger! I love the one of Caitlin with the mirror, so creative!
Beth xxx

Anonymous said...

I can't follow you because I don't have google +, there is a way you can take that off and just have a blogger account without all the other stuff, circles etc.
You can also put another followers gadget for people without google+ as well.
Beth xxx

Unknown said...

Thank you Beth! It was fun just to play around with the mirror, all I had to do was keep telling Caitlin how great she was at modelling when she started to get sick of it all!

Unknown said...

This website shows you a way to 'follow' before I figure out how to get rid of google +... It's so annoying having them connected!

http://support.google.com/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=99761&topic=12449&ctx=topic

Unknown said...

I think I may have fixed the issue using the 'subscribe' gadget, where you can choose what you want to subscribe with. Is that what you meant?

Sarah said...

Hi Maddy,

I love the photos you have taken. And especially like the one of Caitlin with the mirror.

Love Sarah

Unknown said...

Thanks Sarah!
I was going to tell you as well, I love the photos that Beth took of you as Cosette!

Maddy :)

Sarah said...

Thanks Maddy!